sábado, 19 de novembro de 2011

the trip

15 of November! 468euros..Etihad airline..
to describe all the trouble I had to be sure Etihad was recognized! (thank you cota Arrais!) just an advice..dont buy anything from Almeida Viagens..they will try to convince you that a company that charges half the price will leave you at an arab airport and you will have to leave the airport and have problems with the passport...(this is true!)

anyway at the 15 of November I left Lisbon..could I thank all my family ( all the people there were family ;) ) that went there to say goodbye? ( this also applies for the rest of you that didn't went there!)...i don't think so..

i had 33 hours of flight and airport changes in front of me!

Lisbon-Frankfurt-Abu Dhabi-Singapour-Brisbane
for the second flight was  was sitted next to me a nepalasian guy (have no idea if this is the way to describe a guy from nepal..) that lives in the base of the Himalaias..
and on the last plane an australian guy..travelling sick! poor dude..in the first meal he asked for a cup of water and spend like 30min just taking water out with his fingers and wetting his brow.. but he hold up although i have no idea if he got quarantined at brisbane airport!

the meals were alright (in the end you can recognized that smell..that very particular taste of airplane food) and the entertainment was top! every single passenger has a small screen in front with the "e-box". basically you can choose from like 20 recent movies, 20 old movies..lots of tv shows, radio, games- yeah games! and the best part is that you can choose whenever you want to start,pause,rewind,forward..etc! totally different from the system i knew when i went to the USA in 2003

trip advice #1: every company have their own way to deal with the luggage..for example TAP allows you only to check in a 23kg single bag - yes single! and they dont weight you hand luggage..with Etihad you can take the many bags you want but the total has to be the same 23kg and they weight your had luggage..a pain!
so family and friends that are planning to visit me: be carefull!

another advice #2 is to sleep! i could only do it for like 7 hours..and it is not enough|

#3 Frankfurt airport is freaking huge! i arrived on terminal A and had to go to terminal E..had to walk miles and take a transport to change terminals!

arriving in abu dhabi was also interesting! very dry...those arab villages...

some pics at abu dhabi:



so after 2 days ..and on the 17th of November at 9am (+10 GMT time) I arrived at brisbane international airport!

first australian land pic:


and brisbane airport..

so there I was! Australia! the first impressions are always the smell..i always will now for sure that i have landed in Faro airport. It smells like sugar...a sweet smell of fruit. Brisbane airport didnt had any specific smell it was not very hot but slightly humid. after a dog sniffed my bags i walked out of the airport not even knowing if there was anybody waiting for me. Griffith Uni has this service that for the first flight they will send someone to pick you up and leave you wherever you want! the problem is that i applied but i didnt had any email confirming that someone would be there. but there it was...a nice chinese lady with my name on it!

second unknown: i wasnt sure if the accomodation for which i applied had received the bond payment. i sent several emails but the manager didnt replied back. but when i got everything was ok! no bond was received but the manager was expecting me!

Jeovah Jira - God provides...

the morning before I left I was trying to find a passage in Isaiah that someone shared previously but my eyes were conducted to the chapter 41:

"I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, You are my servant, I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. i will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand"


 what can be bigger than this!

1 comentário: